I love asian flavours and tend to season a lot of our meat with asian spices so what better to go with that than an asian cabbage salad.
- 1/4 red cabbage (optional – just for colour)
- 1/4 white cabbage finely sliced or wombok cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks ( or use a grater or Julienne slicer)
- 1/2 cup fresh Vietnamese mint leaves or normal mint!
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 tsp organic pure maple syrup or other similar sweetener (optional)
- 2 T fish sauce
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1-2 fresh red birdseye chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped (depending on desired heat)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or 1 tsp garlic powder
Dice, chop and julienne (or however you prefer) all the salad ingredients into a large salad bowl. Do not dress the salad. This will keep for up to a week in the fridge if covered in the fridge. Dress the salad on the plate instead.
For the dressing, juice the lime, finely dice all other ingredients and pour into a salad dressing container you will serve with and/or you can keep in the fridge for later. Serve with my lime asian meatballs.